Established in August 2012, Australian Relief Organisation Limited is a voluntary, not-for-profit and non-government organisation that is involved in development, relief and advocacy activities for a better world.
Our organisation is a large Australian NGO and delivers humanitarian initiatives on a non-discriminatory and non-denominational basis in 22 countries. Placed at the front line of the Australian non-profit industry, Australian Relief Organisation Limited is
- registered as a Public Company by ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission),
- certified as a Charity and a Public Benevolent Institution by ACNC (Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission) and
- endorsed as a DGR (Deductible Gift Recipient) by ATO (Australian Taxation Office) to provide tax deductible donation receipts.
Our local and international activities are outlined below:
- Social Inclusion Services Aged care and hospital visits by volunteers
- Projects for People with Disabilities Vounteer visits and fundraising initiatives
- Refugee & Asylum Seeker Support Assisting the newcomers through social integration programs
- Homeless Support Assisting the homeless via community kitchen programs
- Social Responsibility Program Involving college and uni students with charitable programs
- Clothing Donations Collection of apparel for clothing appeals and charity shop
- Charity Shop Operation of a charity shop in Sydney
- Water Wells Establishment of water wells in Africa and Asia Pacific
- Orphanages Construction and refurbishment of orphanages in Africa and Asia Pacific
- Health Sponsorship of cataract surgeries in Africa
- Sponsorships & Alms Financial support to orphans worldwide
- Emergency Relief Financial aid and clothing donations to the needy worldwide
- Meat Appeal Meat donations to the needy worldwide
- Dinner & Food Pack Appeal Dinner and food pack donations to the needy worldwide
By July 2016, our organisation was nationally recognised for its exceptional humanitarian initiatives and received an “Outstanding Achievement Award” at the Australian Business Awards.
We are grateful to our supporters, as their donations made possible to establish 80 water wells, undertake 4 orphanage projects, restore sight to 487 cataract patients, sponsor 79 orphans and reach out to 19,000 people through emergency relief programs (Cumulative numbers, as of October 2017). Thanks to growing community support, we were also able to tackle extreme poverty and malnutrition, by delivering meat, dinner and food packs to tens of thousands of people across the globe.